Monday, January 26, 2009

Why are some things so HARD?

So. Time management. To manage your time. You know, I was thinking about this the other night laying in bed. We have 24 hours in a day. We give 8 (most of the time) to sleeping. That leaves us with 16 hours. Okay, say we give another 8 to work. That leaves us with 8 hours. Now let's be really specific and say that we watch our favorite shows on TV that night and take away another 2. That leaves us with 6 hours. WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE 6 HOURS?!?!

It blows my mind that I have 6 hours to do all of the random stuff to do. It sure as heck doesn't seem like that much. It feels like I have one hour to accomplish everything I need to. For example: gym, chiropractic's office, breakfast, shower, dinner, time with the family, hobbies, and such. If i have 6 hours every day to get all of those different things done, THEN HOW COME I CAN'T?!? What's sad is that i already took out the time for TV. So really, if I cut TV out, then I would have 8 hours. Geeez.

So that brings us back to time management. It is difficult and most of the time I suck at it. But I am working on it and hope to get better over the course of 2009. Who knows....maybe by the end of the year I will be so good at it, I could write a book. Although, knowing me, I probably wouldn't be able to find the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo funny!! I love the way you say things. Lord help us all manage our time to the best of our ability! Where does it go?

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie. I sleep for 9. I go to class for an hour and fifty minutes on monday wednesday friday. And I have no idea where the other 13 hours and ten minutes goes. I feel you on this one.