Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The little things.

So i realize that I take a lot for granted. ESPECIALLY the little things. I go through my life and don't even notice things that SO many others around the world will never experience. Went to Cracker Barrel with my mom and we walked in and there was a huge fire in the ginormous fireplace. It was amazing. Here it is cold and rainy and I immediately get to warm myself by the fire. While sitting there I am on my Iphone just checking up on the world. Convenient. Then I enjoy a heavenly meal of delicious veges and a piece of cake.

All this happened AFTER I had an appointment with the life insurance lady to protect my family if I died. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. Andy could afford to pay off the house, send the kids to college and pay for a nanny if I died. How many children would just go hungry if their mommy died?

I am never rained on (unless I choose to be.)
I can eat whenever I feel like it.
I sleep at least 8 hours every night.
In a bed that is borderline sinfully comfortable.
I have a husband to protect and provide for me.
Both of my kids go to school for free.

I never remember all the little things. They tend to go unnoticed. Why? Nothing should go unnoticed! I should be thankful for it all! And I am! But I don't act like it sometimes...I am bothered or annoyed. The pantry needs cleaning out and to be reorganized. That means we have EXTRA food! Cleaning the shower, laundry, car maintenance, the list goes on. Abba, help me be thankful for the little things. To remember you are in all the little things, and to never take them for granted.

1 comment: