Monday, November 15, 2010

COLORS (in all caps)

So this blog might be one of my favorites that I will ever write, for many reasons. The first is that it is extremely personal. And that makes me happy because when I am really honest and open, I feel like you know me better. Good or bad, you know my heart that means I don't have to pretend anymore. The second reason I am pumped about this blog is because it gives you insight into my heart (and God's heart) for this company we are starting, COLORS.

First I have to explain the way me and God work together. Several years ago, (when I was better about spending alone time with God), I would journal. I would journal my prayers to God and as silly as it sounds, he would journal back. I write in cursive most of the time (when I am trying to write with any speed or intention). One day when I was journaling I felt God speak to me and I didn't want to forget it so I immediately wrote it down. I wrote it in all caps so I didn't confuse my prayers and God's answers. And so the tradition began. I would pray (in cursive) and God would answer (in caps). It was lovely, and it's hard to explain. A dialogue was the only way I could tap in and listen to him without losing focus. I still do it if I really need to hear/listen to him, although, not as often as I'd like. I NEVER feel closer to him than when we dialogue. You may think I'm crazy/weird but that's okay, you all probably think that anyway :)

SO, I want to share one of our dialogues. In preparing for Scarf Some Sweets and launching COLORS, I was reminded of one of our conversations a couple years ago when God revealed to me his heart for this company. I am sharing it because I want you to understand the timing and hold me accountable to the standards that HE set. My next blog will explain how everything God said set all of this in motion and how it all came to fruition. It's incredibly exciting to be a part of this and I'm thrilled that you want to be a part as well :) Here goes:

Thank you God. I am so undeserving. Thank you for reminding me of "Colors".
COLORS. (IT WILL BE IN ALL CAPS , BECAUSE IT'S FROM ME.)
DON'T PUT A TIME LINE ON IT. A VERSION OF IT WILL HAPPEN. BE PATIENT AND FOLLOW MY LEAD. DO NOT PUSH IT. YOU WILL KNOW. JUST GO WITH MY FLOW. COLORS WILL HAPPEN! I PROMISE. IT WAS FROM ME. DON'T DOUBT IT. I WILL MAKE YOU INVISIBLE. LIKE THE INNER WORKINGS OF YOUR BODY, ESSENTIAL BUT NOT SEEN. THAT'S HOW YOU WILL KNOW IT'S FROM ME. YOU WILL BE THE HEART AND BLOOD BUT NOT SKIN. BUT DON'T WORRY, I WILL PROVIDE IT ALL AND IT WILL BE A GREAT WORK FOR MY NAME. I WILL RECEIVE ALL THE GLORY. JUST LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Just like it is supposed to be. To you be the honor and praise. Work in, with, and through me.
Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the ART of listening prayer. Remember going to the monastery? I love journaling my
Prayers
And waiting for Gods response and yes it is such a beautiful dialogue. So excited about colors!!!! Remember when we fell in love with the message version and studied Matthew together. We always said we would PAINT the world with GOD COLoRS!!!! And we are!!! Love you. Xoxo. Cheers!

Amanda Parker Uruski said...

Love Love LOVE it!!! And I love what God is doing THROUGH you! Its beautiful.