Tuesday, August 28, 2012

31 days: A Psalm and Proverbs Study




In April of this year, I decided that I wanted to intimately study Proverbs and the Psalms. I took it one step further and decided to write a study where the participant will read both books in one month. I always tell people, that if you want to get good or familiar with something, the best thing to do is teach someone else. The accountability is unmatched! :)

So for the past 5 months, I have read and re-read the Psalms and Proverbs in multiple (4) versions. I've taken a TON of notes, and formulated them together to form this Study. It's not so much a study as it is a facilitator for the daily discipline of reading the bible.

Each day, starting September 1, I will post a blog for that day's study. The last post will be on October 1, 31 days later. The format is simple. Read the scripture, then read my blog about what I pulled from the reading that day or what I felt God wanted me to share. Then at the end I simply pose a question for you to ponder or meditate on.  Feel free to share this blog with anyone you think will be interested in reading it. 

One of my greatest passions, (as you will see in the study) is the importance of spending time with God everyday. Even if you don't read the scriptures, prayer and meditation with our father, Abba, is essential. It has revolutionized my life and I will never be the same. It's been a year and a half since I have learned this incredible lesson, and I don't think I could ever go back. It was like God woke me up from sleeping and once I saw what it was like to be awake, I never want to go back to sleep!

If you decide to do this study, I do not want you to treat it like homework. There is no accountability or deadlines. This is not an obligation to me, God, or anyone. I want you to look at it as an opportunity to learn more about yourself, your Father, and your relationship with him. Look at it as an offering of love and of your time to your creator.  

I promise, if you go into this with an open heart, these 31 days just might change your life. I know that preparing for it and writing it changed mine.




No comments: