Monday, August 25, 2008

Rooted in sin, but grew into glory.

So I am not sure how all of you will feel about this post. So feel free to be honest about it. Most of you have heard by now about the song "Healer". It is a powerful song about God's healing power. It was written by a man who was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Well, so we thought. It turns out that for 2 years, this man had mislead his church, the world, maybe even his family. He was NOT dying. His was all an act.

After hearing this news, I was surprised how UNaffected I felt. I wasn't really upset or sad or angry. Maybe it's because of the whole Todd Bentley issue, I am learning slowly not to put my hope and faith into people, but rather what God is doing through people in spite of our flaws! Anywho, I wondered alittle bit how it would make me feel next time I went to sing it. And sure enough I got my chance to this past Sunday.

I didn't feel anything other than love and passion for my creator. The truth is the truth. And the truth is, that God IS my healer, he is all I need. More than enough for me.

But it did get me to thinking about some stuff. I think that we as Christians need to face something. That the truth doesn't always come from a "christian" box. It's not always neat and clean. The truth can be found in other things like liberals, democrats, secular music, even a lie. Because I believe that somehow, through God's redemption, truth came from a lie in this case. This song was created in deception, lies, and schemes. But it shouts the truth of God's love and grace. Isn't it interesting? What do ya'll think about this?

I personally think that we can find God's truth in "ungodly" places. I seem to be able to stumble across them anywhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really agree with finding truths in ungodly places. he is everywhere.

Anonymous said...

When you seek Jesus face in those places you do see he is there, and thats when you can be strong and thankful that HE is with you and your not alone!