Sunday, October 19, 2008

Heeps of love to ya!


Heeps of love to ya babe!

So as you all know, my sister Amanda (aka Mayhay) is in Australia. She is currently attending Discipleship school and training in preparation for 2 months of outreach (missions.) She is probably going to be going to Thailand, but will know for sure in a couple of days. I talked to her tonight and can honestly say that I have never been more proud of her.

Her motives are pure, she just wants to do the most for our savior possible. She is beautiful, and happy and seems more content with herself than I have ever seen her. She is bold and passionate.

I say all of this, because of what she will be doing if she does in fact go to Thailand. From the little bit that we talked, I found out that she would be working with an organization in a city that works with pulling prostitutes out of the biz. I'm talking sex trafficking. There is a specific location, a string of bars that they work out of. She would be visiting the bars with 3 other girls and "buying" them. They would then in turn take them to location (I'm guessing a safe house of sorts.) They give them a place to stay and a job, making jewelry, etc.

I'm not going to lie. It sounds dangerous. But what an incredible opportunity and privilege, to be able to see someone's entire future change because of your courage and boldness. (Well, Christ's courage and boldness from the holy spirit, but you know what I'm talking about!) I am SO proud that she is going to be doing something SO mighty and life-changing. What an honor.

Mayhay, I love you so much, it's almost silly! I am so proud of you and all you are doing. You are an inspiration to me and all of us girls you left at home. God is going to use you in ways you have only dreamed of. He is going to use you to change lives...You have already changed mine. I pray safety all over you! You are my sister and best friend, I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that this is really awesome. it is hard to even imagine that sex trafficking exist, but it makes it a reality when people you know or know of are involved. i am praying for amanda, and i am excited to hear what is going to be happening.

Amanda Parker Uruski said...

i love you mucho! i may or may not be crying at the moment.