Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Worldview. Or Godview. How about "My View".

So I just had some dialogue through Facebook with a friend of mine. We feel differently about alot of things and it got me thinking (as it normally does when we talk,) what exactly do I think and why? She mentioned my worldview. "Worldview" a word that we through around alot, but do we ever really verbalize it? Have you ever really pondered and expressed your worldview? Not someone else's words....but your own? I have finally done it, and I wanted to share it with you. Here is an excerpt of my responses to my friend. Just a peek into my brain:

"I love to read peoples views on God and the world. I do not take anything that anyone (author or otherwise) says as gospel. That is reserved for the Bible. I read things and let the Holy Spirit reveal to me if it is truth or not. I also compare it to his word. Secondly, I base my life and my ideas on the life of Jesus. I figure, if Christ was God's spirit on earth, and perfect and righteous, then what better life to follow after. Him alone.

Let me preface this next section, I don't agree with Obama, nor do I want him to be president. But I am not so concerned with my "freedom as a believer" as I am my relationship with people. (We were talking about the definition of marriage and other religious freedoms here.) You may not agree with this, but I don't think that God cares how "America" defines marriage as he is how I treat homosexuals. The bottom line is that HE defines marriage as between a man and woman. I define marriage that way. But if I alienate homosexuals (the people that God is after) because I am worried about losing my freedom as a believer, then I have just lost my witness. Jesus didn't make them feel unworthy, he ate with them. He didn't point a finger in their face and say, you are wrong and I am right, he won them over with love. I have a gay friend at school. And my one and only goal is to demonstrate Christ's joy, and unrequited love. Not based on who you are or what you have done. Now, if he asked me, I will tell him that I do not agree with his lifestyle, but I don't agree with mine either sometimes. I will tell him that I care for him and love him and that God is after him.

My world view is that all that matters is the eternal, everything else will burn and die. Jesus came for souls, for his children. And that is my focus. Governments will fall. Politics will change. These earthly kingdoms are secondary to HIS kingdom. My worldview is that I am NOT of this world. That's why it is not my main concern.

The bottom line is: I care more about people and showing them Christ's light than I do about what America does and doesn't do. It's okay if we don't agree, I kinda like that about us. I just wanted to let you know where I was coming from. I appreciate your prayers and will pray for you too."

Your friend and sister in Christ,
Steen


I hope that this inspires you to think about what you believe and why. And I would love to hear your worldview, in your own words, tell me your worldview (or Godview!)

No comments: