Monday, July 21, 2008

WORDS TO LIVE BY!

For those of you who read Tara's blog, this will be a repeat for you. But read it again. I will read it every day, because it is a FUNDAMENTAL principle that can change your life, and the lives of those around you. I know that God spoke these words to Tara, but it is crazy how I feel like he spoke them to her to speak to me! I feel his presence every time I read this. His presence always seems to follow truth.

Tara's most recent blog from her site: tarabruce.theworldrace.org


"Be still and know that I am God."
Breathe deep. Still yourself before Me. Listen for My voice. I am longing to speak to you. Wait. Sit. Be. I only want you, not what you can do for me. Just come and sit with me for a while. Soak in my presence. I have mysteries I long to reveal to you. I have created you for so much more. I did not create you to survive, but to thrive. Breathe in me. Breathe in my presence. Can you hear me now?

As I sat in the river God began to speak. Don't you hear it? All of creation around you is worshiping me! Listen to the birds, the river, the trees. You are the only creation with a choice to choose what you were made for: to worship me with your life. It's your choice every single day. Choose me.


I loved this moment with the Lord and I cherish our talks. I sat there wondering how I could not choose HIM. I have tasted and I have seen his love and goodness. His embrace is endless and his presence is all I long for. I will take a deep breath and breathe him in and as I exhale with breathe his presence on others and worship the Lord most high!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWWW I LUUUUUUV you so much. Choosing him every day to worship with all that I have is difficult especially with all the distractions. But, it is amazing. God is rocking my socks off and doing incredible things in my heart. I pray that I will be less and less selfish everyday and serve others in love unhindered, willing to do any act of service no matter what it is with a smile and love. t*