Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Slip n' Slides and Bubble Bath...

So birthdays are a big deal in my family and we usually have the same party over and over again.  We sing (horribly), eat cake and ice cream, open presents and play games.  Now, don't get me wrong, I always have a lot of fun.  It's just usually predictable.  Well, we decided this year to combine Andy and Eli's party, and because of my recent sadness over Josh and Tara leaving, my parents decided to mix things up a bit!  They rented a 40 ft long moon bounce type slip n' slide with a 4 foot pool at the bottom.  Oh yes, you heard me right!  The best part about it?  Pouring bubble bath on it!  Eli and Pey-pey LOVED it.  They slid a little bit and mostly played at the pool at the bottom getting splashed by all the "big kids" sliding down.  When I say "big kids", I mean all the adults!  Now, the sliding was incredibly fun, but my favorite part was what I like to call the "bubble mosh pit".  The middle part of the slide leveled off and we would pour almost an entire bottle of bubbles in one spot.  One by one, a person would slip and fall into the pit of bubbles.  Before long, everyone was stuck in one spot and NO WAY OUT!  You could get ZERO traction, you were at the mercy of the slimy mess of people.  Everyone was covered and no one can go anywhere but into other people.  I laughed SO hard.  People would get lost under other people and you couldn't tell what body part went to who!  I have to say that my head got stuck against my dad's hind quarters, my face in my brothers armpit, and I am pretty sure that I was violated by Kelsey's toe...yeah....crazy, awkward times!  But SO much fun, we might just make it a tradition.  Pics will follow soon, I promise!  Long story short....Giant slip n' slide, 8 hours, and 6 bottles of bubble bath later= amazing memories!

No comments: