Sunday, September 14, 2008

Asheville, America's Hippie Town

So me and Andy got to go to Asheville a couple of weekends ago to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary! We had a blast, that is until Andy got sick :( But we still had a good time after that just resting and chilling in the motel room. I love Asheville, it's a great town where I feel very at home. Very artsy and relaxed. Definitely a hippie town, people in dreads playing their guitars or sipping on coffee, I really liked it. We had fun, walking around the city, shopping at different shops, painted some pottery, ate some great food, listened to music in the park, good times.

The drive up was so great. We drove the jeep and had the top off, a.m. was pretty cold but as the day worn on it was perfect. We left fairly early in the morning and as we drove up 575 I realized how different everything looked in the morning. Dew was every where, and it made everything sparkle. It looked almost as if there was glitter strewn on all the grass and bushes. Every blade of grass stood out and sparkled, it was quite beautiful! Plus it was foggy. And fog is great because it makes everything feel and look different. Magical or mystical. Sometimes fog makes me feel like I am in another place, like I stepped into Lord of the Rings or some other mystical land.



Anywho, you know how sometimes if you catch it just right, you can see the suns rays breaking through the clouds? Or if a tree is blocking the sun, you can see the rays outlining everywhere the sun can push through? I LOVE seeing the suns rays, it ALWAYS reminds me of God. I am not sure why, I feel like it is him shining down on me, a visible reminder and I love it. I realized as I was riding along that it wasn't until something blocked the sun that I could see the rays shining around it. Clouds or tree lines, it took something to block it for me to see God shine around it...I think that we can see that in our lives. Something gets in our way, blocks our sight of God...and it is then that we see him shine around it. Nothing can block him completely because he is everywhere, infinite. Not only do I love my Abba Daddy, but I love and appreciate when he reveals truths about himself through things that I enjoy and understand.

No comments: