Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Thanksgiving Prayer.

Dear Abba,
Tomorrow, I will celebrate Thanksgiving. So right now, I want to thank you for all of the blessing you have given me. I want to thank you for my family. For my wonderful husband who was created for me. I love him and am so blessed and thankful to have him as a partner in this life. I am SO proud of him and the man that he is in you. He is a warrior, and he fights for me and my children. He protects us, encourages us, believes in us and is always giving to us. He brings me joy and comfort. I feel complete in him and most importantly, he makes me laugh. :)

I want to thank you for my children. I have never met angels until they were born. They are only 5 and 3 but I can already see their incredible connection to you. They bring me more happiness than can every be typed or even expressed in words. Their smiles and kisses light up my life and I would be content to watch them grow up forever. Their sweet spirits and unbridled joy are gifts that most people never receive...and you gave me two. Thank you Abba.


Thank you for my Mom and Dad, without them I would have been lost. Thank you for their amazing support and comfort. Thank you for their encouragement and never giving up on me. Thank you for their unconditional love. They have been a great representation of your grace and forgiveness. Thank you for my brothers, Age and Chew. They are amazing boys. And they are growing into incredible Godly men. Age has your joy and sense of humor. He will be a great leader and he will carry your light into dark places. Thank you for our special relationship. And Chew, he is wise beyond his years. You have given him the ability to speak truth into lies and trust into doubt. What a gift. Thank you for our special relationship. Thank you for the closeness that our family shares, it is a rare treasure.
And for Mayhay. Thank you for giving me a sister that is brave, beautiful (inside & out), compassionate, gifted, disciplined, bold, funny, eager, motivated and seeking after your heart. She is becoming everything that you have called her to be. She is rising up and following after you. Thank you for her willingness to go into all the world to share your truth and freedom. I am so proud of her. And I am super lucky (blessed) to have such an amazing sister and best friend. Go with her, be with her, protect and guide her.

And last but not least, I want to thank you for Tara. Many people go through this life without a relationship like mine and hers. Deep, deep colors. :) We may not be related by blood, but we are connected at the heart. God, thank you for Tara and all that she means to me. She is a woman of you. Of your heart and mind. She encourages me, challenges and lifts me up. She is also a part of my family. Forever will be.
Abba, I have a bajillion things to be thankful for. But all my relationships, especially the ones with my family (including T), are the most important things to me. They will never fade. They will be the only thing besides what I do on this earth for you, that will follow me into eternity. So God, thank you. I am a rich, extremely wealthy woman of you.

Amen

(Oh, and other relationships that I cherish deeply are my incredible small group, work peeps, all my students & fellow inside-out leaders! Just can’t blog about everyone or it would be never-ending! But I do pray for you all often I LOVE YOU ALL AND AM SO THANKFUL FOR YOU!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Amanda Parker Uruski said...

I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steen,
Your Dad and I just read your Thanksgiving Prayer. We are blessed above blessings to be able to watch you grow in the Lord! We could not be more proud of the parents you and Andy have become!! Dad is absolutely overwhelmed with love and joy with reading this blog! You are so wise, Dad says what are you 40? Eli hugging and holding on to him Sunday morning was worth more than words can express. Eli and Pey Pey are sooooo precious to us and our whole family and God has truly sent us two angels forever! I say ditto to every word you shared and we can't wait to see what God has for our future! Our family is a gift from sweet Jesus!! Thank you Lord!!

Anonymous said...

thanks. that is suck a good prayer. have a happy thanksgiving. hope you see you later.