Thursday, November 20, 2008

What's your heart tied to?

So the bible is clear...where your treasure is, your heart will be also. Treasure in this world=money. So, where your money goes there your heart will be as well. If nothing else, this makes me think where my heart is. I mean where does my money go? This is easier for me to gauge now that I make tips. I have a wad of cash in my pocket, what do I spend it on?

It has become increasingly apparent to me that my heart is in my stomach.

I love food. Like, love it. All of it. I spend my very hard earned tips on food. I should just sit on the side of the road and hold a sign that reads: "Will shampoo for a cookie." No kidding. Feel free to laugh at me. I do all the time.

Seriously though, what do you spend your money on? If you have an extra $10, $25, or $100, what would you do with it? It will tell alot about you... and be honest with yourself. How are you ever going to grow or learn if you never fess up to your short-comings? Mine is my stomach. I know that I need to work on self-control and distinguishing what is a need and a desire. I need lunch, I don't need Alley Beans full supply of home made giant cookies. Oh, but they are good....NO! Self-control, wait, I think I still have one left downstairs....STOP! YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? I HAVE PROBLEMS!

So I'll make a deal with you... you help hold me accountable with my tip money, and I'll help you with whatever you are willing to open up with me about. Let's do our best to help hold each other accountable in keeping our hearts tied to something worth having our heart tied to... and I rather it not be indigestion. :)

No comments: