Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 15: To Revive & Refresh.

Today we are reading Proverbs chapter 15 and Psalm chapters 71-75. Take a moment and clear your mind and set your heart towards an attitude of praise.

-Read Scripture-

Today is a special day! We are halfway through this journey together. I wanted it to be a special day, one that encouraged and spurred you on to continue with this study. In trying to come up with something "special," God reminded me of the most "simple" way to be refreshed and revived. He took me back to the beginning. Day 1. :)

"Let us begin. The worship of the Eternal One, the one true God, is the first step..." in ANYTHING! (Proverbs 1:7 The Voice).

So today, there is no lesson to learn or concept to apply. We are going to re-energize and refresh our spirits by worshipping our heavenly father. I'm going to share my 3 favorite verses from the reading today in Psalm and then pray for you. Then, I want us to assume our prayer/declaration position from day 12 and simply spend time worshipping.

Read your favorite Psalms to him, journal, pray, or put on your favorite praise album and sing to him. Whatever you choose to do, do it with your whole heart. Take your time and let him fill your cup, encourage and revive you for the rest of the month!

"Your righteousness, God, reaches to the skies, you who have done great things. Who is like you God?" Psalm 71:19 TNIV

"You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on Earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock firm and faithful." Psalm 73:25 The Message (I can't help but smile when I read this verse!)

"There is no one on earth who can raise up another to grant honor, not from the east or the west, not from the desert. There is no one. God is the only one. God is the only judge. He is the only one who can ruin or redeem a man." Psalm 75:6-7 The Voice

(Please feel free to share with me what Psalms you might of used to worship with today!)



Abba, there is truly no one like you. No one can compare. No one on this Earth can give me what I need. I rely solely on you and your love and grace. I am honored that you chose me, that you choose me everyday. Lord, I choose you! I choose to follow you today. I choose to love you today. I choose to live for you today! Refresh us, revive us, refill us so we may pour you into others. Help us finish this month strong and victorious, all the while knowing YOU completed a great work in us. We love you. We love you. We love you!

Amen

1 comment:

Steen said...

I can't believe I forgot to include Proverbs 15:8, "God can't stand pious poses, but he delights in genuine prayers!" Being GENUINE, God values that over spiritual words any day...being honest. The greatest gift we can give anyone, but especially God :)