Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 29: Giving room.

In preparing for today's study, I felt a nudge from my friend, the Holy Spirit.

GIVE ME SOME ROOM.

I've said a lot during this month. But if my heart is truly to help facilitate the learning/execution of this discipline (reading the word and prayer time everyday), then it is definitely time I hand the reigns over to you and Him. So I am taking a back seat over the last few days. Because of course, when the Holy Spirit asks for room, you give it! :)

Here is all I suggest, that you continue with the format we've used over the last month. That before you read the scripture, pray and ask God to speak to you and continue to allow yourself to be open. After reading, write down what spoke to you and journal some prayers. As before, feel free to leave some comments if God moves you to do so. That will be where I'll leave any of my thoughts on the day's study.

But before you begin today, I'd like to pray for you.

Abba, I pray that today, you reveal yourself in an incredibly tangible way to your followers. I pray you open their ears and eyes to your voice and your truth. Honor their commitment to learn more about you and your heart by changing their lives the way you have changed mine. Fill in their gaps, give them what they need to complete the mission you have for them. Energize and revive them. Continue to pursue them and give them an insatiable desire to pursue you. We honor you in all we say and do. I LOVE you Abba.

Amen.

Today we are reading Proverbs chapter 29 and Psalm chapters 136-140. Now go ahead, and do your thing!

1 comment:

kaylastagnaro said...

I really enjoyed every scripture this morning. Psalm 136 was an incredible reminder of God's love and faithfulness. I really love 138 as well. The wording from the ESV, "I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise; I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word."

I also wanted to thank you Steen for leading us through this. Thank you for being open to What The Lord had you share.