Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 19: Freestyle.

Today we are reading Proverbs 19 and Psalm chapters 91-95. As you read today, I want you to mark specific scriptures that have and impact on you, the ones that resonate with you.

-Read Scriptures-



Today is going to be a little different. In preparing for writing today's study I got very overwhelmed by the scriptures, especially the Psalms. There was no way I could narrow it down to a specific topic of discussion, then I knew I wasn't supposed to. Today, you are going to have some alone time with God, with no interference from me. :)

I want you to reread some of the scriptures you marked, and use those as inspiration to journal a prayer to your Father. It doesn't have to be long or extensive. I only ask you be genuine. Tell him what overwhelms you about him, what you are most thankful for...What do you find most beautiful about him? Tell him today, in your own words.

Free yourself and allow yourself to be honest. This is a chance to open up your heart to him in a very intimate way. Allow yourself to feel something, don't rush this. Give this moment your FULL attention and you will not regret it.

Abba, thank you for your willingness to listen. Thank you for caring about our hearts. Thank you for wanting and desiring this from us, our honesty. Thank you for wanting a relationship with us. Thank you for wanting more than just our worship, but our love and devotion. And we do love you God. We love you beyond what can be measured. Thank you for our time together today.

Amen.

(If you would like to send me your prayer privately, I was thinking it might be a beautiful blog post at the end of the month to post all the prayers together, (anonymously/no names), as an offer of praise and worship to God. A collection of honest prayers, I can't imagine a more beautiful blog post, or a more moving piece to read. You can email them to me at steenjones@gmail.com or facebook message me if you are interested.)

No comments: