Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 27: Revel in the Yes!

Today we are reading Proverbs chapter 27 and Psalm chapters 126-130. Before we read, ask God to restore you heart, mind, and soul today. Ask him to fill you up with his goodness!

-Read Scriptures-

"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5 NKJ

We all have different seasons to our life. We have seasons of sorrow and seasons of joy. Times to sow and times to reap. I personally spent the majority of my twenties in a season of "not yet." Looking back, I know that God was preparing and molding me. He was stretching and growing me and I definitely experienced the growing pains along the way.

"Those who walk the fields to sow, casting their seed in tears, will one day tread those same long rows, amazed by what's appeared. Those who weep as they walk and plant with sighs, will return singing with joy, when they bring home the harvest." Psalm 126:5-6 The Voice

It was a difficult and painful season, but I could feel a sense of importance around what was happening. I felt the necessity of it all. Then, my 30th year of being alive, something magical happened. I entered the season of God's Yes. The time of "not yet" turned to "now." And now, living in the season of God's Yes, I understand why those 10 years were so vital. The things I had to go through and learn (still learning), patience and selflessness, has allowed me to appreciate and enjoy and make the most of this time. If I'd not gone through and learned those things, I know I would not be doing what I am today.

"You worked hard and deserve all you've got coming. Enjoy the blessing! Revel in the goodness!...Stand in awe of God's Yes! Oh, how he blesses the one who fears God!" Psalm 128:2-4 The Message

Now this is NOT a "earning your blessings" or "God's road is easy" verse. This is a reward for being faithful in difficult times. We aren't faithful for the reward, it's just a byproduct. And it is not a yes for things material (although, sometimes he chooses to bless this way,) it's for the things that can't be bought, only given to us by our heavenly Father. Revel in the goodness, stand in awe of God's Yes!

-I revel in his goodness when I see my kids laugh and play.
-I revel in his goodness when I watch my husband in ministry.
-I revel in his goodness when I look around my house.
-I revel in his goodness when I paint.
-I revel in his goodness when I travel.
-I revel in his goodness when I'm enjoying nature.

And I stand in awe of God's Yes to the questions that matter!

Can I have peace? YES.
Will you provide for me? YES.
Do I have a purpose? YES.
Will you protect me? YES.
Will you forgive me? YES.
Do you love me? YES.
Am I special? YES.
Do you accept me? YES. YES!

All of those things you desire, deep in your heart (acceptance, love, forgiveness), God says YES! What Yes do you need to revel in? What do you need to accept from him?

Today, your challenge is to see all the "Yes"s in your life, celebrate them, and revel in them!

Abba, Thank you for telling us Yes, when we are so undeserving. Thank you for the season's of "not yet," of sowing. For it is in those seasons you prepare us to be able to fully receive and make the most of your blessings. (And you knew I needed a lot of preparing!) Had I not learned what I needed to, I would of squandered away what you've blessed me with today.  No matter what season we are in, let us be thankful and hopeful, and revel in your goodness, because you are always good, and stand in awe of your Yes! You have a purpose for everything, and you have a plan. Thank you for using us. We love you, and desire to honor and glorify you in all we do today.

Amen.


My Yes! 

No comments: