Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 25: Reader becoming the writer!

Abba, before I read and write today, I pray that you visit with me. Be with me as I read your word and reveal yourself to me. Give me confirmation and affirmation that seeking you and understanding your words is the only way for me to live. Confirm my path and when necessary, redirect me. Allow me to experience your presence today.

Amen

-Read Proverbs 25 and Psalm 119-

This is a very hard day for me to write, because Psalm 119 is SO very important and personal to me. I'm finding it impossible to separate myself (and my past feelings and notes) from this passage in order to write something that everyone could receive something from. 

But isn't that the beauty of scripture and our own personal experiences with it! That we can learn from each other and see things we might of missed in the past. So today, here is what we are going to do. I want to learn from you.  I want to read this scripture through new eyes, and I can't seem to on my own. So I'm going to ask that you write a little something on Psalm 119 and what you hear and feel when you read it. This is not required, but if the point of this study is to stretch ourselves, then I'd go for it! I'm going to write something personal myself and include it as a comment in the section below. Feel free to do the same, or if you'd prefer it stay private, you can email me at steenjones@gmail.com. But I'd encourage everyone to stay public, because you NEVER know who might receive truth and something new from your perspective. God could use you to reveal truths to someone else. 

P.S. I've read this chapter in the TNIV, The Message, and The Voice. I highly recommend it in The Message version if you have access to one. 

I can't wait to hear what y'all get from this wonderful chapter :)




2 comments:

Steen said...

There is far too much content in this chapter to address it all, but the overwhelming theme to me is the absolute importance of your word. Of listening, absorbing, applying, and remembering your words! David seems to beg for it, he relies on it, and he pursues it. I feel so very connected to David in this way, because once I tasted what it's like to hear you, and experience you SO tangibly, I crave it. I'm beginning to rely on it.

So for me, this chapter encompasses all the reasons why we wrote this study. (I write we because I very much feel this as a collaboration with myself, the Holy Spirit, and my Abba.) I desired to write this study to create/ignite a PASSION in others to crave your word. To have to have it, to not be able to function with out it. This is your greatest gift to me, and if one other person receives this passion, fire, and gift, it will be worth it. "Every word you give me is a miracle word-how could I help but obey?" Psalm 119: 129

Thank you Abba for this gift that I didn't even understand or think I could ever possess. Thank you for the impact this study has already had and is having on my friends and family around me. Thank you for using it. Thank you for using us. I will be forever grateful for this process. I will be forever grateful for your words and your presence. Amen.

Aaron and Amanda Uruski said...

verse 8: I will obey your decrees.

decree-An official order issued by a legal authority.

This reminds me how we are supposed to obey LAWS and RULES that authority set for us. Which includes Government officials. How hard that is to do! But we learned our lesson (Aaron and I). There will be consequences for our actions if we disobey or try and slide by unnoticed. I always want to try and obey the Lord and legal authorities because I do not want to suffer the punishments for NOT following. God sets these commands for us for our own well being. He wants the best for us. We must TRY all the time to follow the laws.