Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 8: The Overflow.



Today we are reading Proverbs chapter 8 and Psalm chapters 36-41. Before you begin, ask God to reveal to you something about yourself today. Either something good that maybe you have never recognized before, or something that you need to work on.

-Read Scriptures-

"I'm ready to meet those who love me, bestow true riches upon them, and fill up their lives until their treasuries overflow." Proverbs 8:21 The Voice

If you get nothing else from this study, I want you to understand this promise. That you can live a life full of true riches. That your life can be in a constant overflow.

I know this to be true because I am living it right now. Ever since I have fully given myself over to God, not holding back, submitting to him, and spending time with him everyday, I have lived in a constant state of overwhelm-ment. (I just made that word up, it's that awesome and intense, it deserves it's own word. :)  In every aspect of my life, I feel overwhelmed. (In a very good way of course). The Holy Spirit's presence and power in my life is overwhelming, people's generosity and capacity for goodness overwhelm me, God's words overwhelm me, my children's growth and progress, financially, blessing upon blessing, etc. Even my business, COLORS, is in a constant state of over-flow, (not as much financially, lol, but being able to watch God work has been SO exciting!)

Everywhere I look, everywhere I go, in everything I seem to do, God shows up. And it is always in a way that is so obviously him, all credit goes to him. That is not to say that things are always easy. That doesn't mean that there aren't moments of sadness, frustration, disappointment, or suffering. But it DOES mean that in those moments of darkness, I NEVER feel alone or hopeless. And even in the hard, tedious work, I know that God will take my efforts and make more of them than I ever could. Truly knowing and believing that God is always working in, with, and through me, gives me peace. Even when I feel I can do nothing right, knowing that he is always in control and can turn my mess into a masterpiece, makes me feel brave and confident. To me, that is true riches! 

Which is why I know that this could be your life too. It has NOTHING to do with me or the individual, just their desire to serve and honor God with their lives. He provides my needs, He gives me my heart's desire, He sends the people into my life, He provides the finances, He provides the words and encouragement I need, etc.

Psalm 37:4-6 in TNIV says: "Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun." 

The "reward" and "treasuries" referred to in both scriptures are not monetary (in my opinion). Money and earthly riches can be taken, stolen, or lost. The overflow that I've experienced can not be taken away.

The tangible presence of God in my life.
My joy.
My confidence.
My peace.

All of these things are available to you. You can live a life full of abundance and overwhelm-ment! God has blessed me beyond measure, and even in the trials and difficult moments, I have found SO much peace and joy knowing that God uses these things to take us where we need to go. That refinement requires fire. And even though the fire can be painful, it's results can be immeasurable and beautiful. When you really thing about it that way, it can be very overwhelming. In a good way. :)

My prayer for you today:

Abba, I pray for every single person doing this study right now, in this very moment. That you fill them so full of your presence that it overflows in tears. That you give them a tangible reminder that you desire to overflow us, with you. That you have a life so FULL ready for us, we can not even comprehend. A life full of blessings and joy. A life full of peace and confidence. A life living every day aware of your presence. A life full of contentment and love. A life full of forgiveness and grace. A life FULL of you. I give mine over to you today, you can do so much more with it than I ever could. I pray the same for my friends.

Give them a glimpse today, let today be the day that they know everything has changed. I pray that every single one of my friends claim these treasures and riches you have for them right now. We are your children, and this is our inheritance. We don't have to wait for it, it's available to us here and now. Thank you for it. Thank you for giving us these things that we don't deserve. Thank you for loving us through all our mistakes and failures. Thank you for loving us through the fire. Thank you for making us into something beautiful. We desire to honor and glorify you in all we say and do today.

Amen.



No comments: